August 2013 Meeting Minutes
Minutes of the Meeting of Shenandoah Valley Gem and Mineral Society
August 12, 2013
The meeting was called to order by Club Vice President, Leo Cloutier
14 members were present.
- 46th Annual Gem and Mineral Show
- To be held at Kate Collins Middle School
- 1625 Ivy Street, Waynesboro VA
- October 5 and 6
- Saturday: 10 AM – 6 PM
- Sunday: 12 PM – 5 PM
- Jack Glenn had printed a large quantity of beautifully colored show flyers for all to take and post around the area.
- New grand prize drawing for an Apple iPad mini.
- Invite friends and family to attend.
❖ ❖ ❖
September meeting: Monday, September 9th at 7:30 PM
Waynesboro Church of the Brethren
364 Bridge Road
Lower parking lot—Side Door entrance!
September Program: Hawaii volcanoes by Wendy Duke. This should be a hot topic. The presentation will be based on Wendy and Lee's visit to the islands. Wendy asks that Club members bring samples of lava or olivine (peridot) if you have any.
Bob Helt, Secretary
❖ ❖ ❖
Club Officers and Staff 2013
President – Dean Hostetter
Vice President – Leo Cloutier
Show Co-Chairs – Dean Hostetter and all Club members
Educational Outreach -- Linda Corwin, Bob Helt
Secretary/Newsletter -- Bob Helt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Field Trip Coordinator - Dean Hostetter (email@example.com)
Treasurer – Scott Gregory
Web Site Coordinator – Jack Glenn
Club web site: shenandoahvalleyrockclub.org
Club Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/ShenandoahValleyGemMineralSociety
Club email: firstname.lastname@example.org